Tuesday, February 28, 2012

recipes: cinnamon cafe ole

I am an unapologetic coffee addict. If it has caffeine in it, I will probably drink it. A few months ago when I realized I was lactose intolerant, I thought I might have to cut back on the coffee-milk drinks because I always had an aversion to soy milk. However, those days are long gone and now I am an official vanilla soy milk addict. But this new realization of how yummy vanilla soy milk has also hurt my purse on account of how much I was spending on frilly coffee drinks without even realizing it.

   
Don't judge me. I work right above a Starbucks. 

However, I have found a great solution to this which actually gives you a couple of benefits. Instead of getting the sugary coffee drink, opt for a cafe ole. It is half coffee, half milk (soy, skim, or half and half). It's cheaper,and it has calcium - something everyone (especially women) need to stay healthy in the long run. To get an extra flavor fix add some cinnamon. Not only does it taste delicious, it has many health benefits, including clearing sinuses, preventing cancer and heart disease, and warding off colds. Even if all that doesn't hook you, it just tastes great and is easy on your wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment