Monday, February 13, 2012

back to bedtimes.

I have come to the unfortunate realization that I need more sleep. Okay, it wasn't so much a realization as a huge slap in my face with a freezing hand after I had almost fallen asleep at work several days in a row. Unfortunately, in graduate school, sleep is just not an option sometimes when you have work, homework, and a million other things to do. So instead of more sleep, why not get more efficient sleep? I found this website called Sleepy Time that will count out REM cycles, and tell you when to wake up in between REM cycles so that you wake up, actually awake. According to their website, waking up in the middle of an REM cycle makes you feel groggy, and maybe just makes you want to go back to sleep. I've tried it out for the last couple of nights, and so far it actually does seem to be working. I go to bed a few minutes later than I normally do for my 5:30 a.m. wakeup call, but I have been feeling a bit less groggy. I'll let you know how this goes at the end of the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment