Tuesday, February 21, 2012

valentine's day redux.


 I know this whole post is a little late, but Happy Valentine's Day! Much love to everyone! Now back to why this is so late. Early last week, my professor and art history academic adviser passed away suddenly, leaving the department a little shaken. On top of that, I got a stomach flu/bug thing which was just not fun. So, here I am, a week late on last week's amorous celebrations.

For me, Valentine's day is an excuse to make cards and eat candy in excess, considering I do both of those things on a regular basis. However, I think the message of Valentine's day, to love a little bit more than you might on a normal day, is something that can actually apply in the reality outside of candy hearts and cheesy cards. 

You don't need to go around telling everyone how much you love them and hugging them, because that would be creepy and might get you arrested, but you can appreciate those in your life. Walk to your coworkers' offices to say hello, or call up an old friend. It took me awhile to learn, but these little things will mean the most in the big picture.

Also, here are some exciting pictures from my Valentine's day:

Candy. What else?

Homemade Valentines for my coworkers. Pardon the dark photo.

Roses from my wonderful boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment