Monday, April 2, 2012

a fun run in the sun.

Lately (minus today) the weather here has been just too perfect. Spring always means one thing for me: midday desert runs. This may seem odd, but the temperature is wonderful in the middle of the day and the sun is all the way out, so you get the warmth without the beating heat and crazy locust noises that accompany it in the middle of summer. This allows for great, hard runs in super-nice weather. I always come back tired, but feeling much better about myself than I did when I left.

necessary colorful running shoes
Lately I've been training for this and this (hopefully --- cross your fingers!), and the sun has been the perfect training partner, making me go faster because its not too hot, and staying out longer because its just so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment