Sunday, December 4, 2011

i should have been born a disney princess.

I recently rediscovered many of my favorite childhood movies when I was cleaning out my room at home, including, but not limited to: Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, and Pocahontas. I would watch these movies nonstop when I was younger, for many a good reason, and I doubt I was the only Disney-princess wannabe small girl. Here are the reasons I think I would be an amazing candidate for the next Disney princess:

From http://bit.ly/tmUPEA

 1. I constantly sing to animals.
 I live with four animals - two dogs and two cats, and a bevy of wildlife outside. It is the mountains, after all. I sing songs to all of them. Some are made up, some are legitimate. Just today everyone heard a stirring country rendition of "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele.

2. I can rock a pink dress.
 Ask my better half. He's been shopping with me (thanks babe!). I drool over many a pink dress and own several. In all honesty, I think that pink dresses are super-flattering on every skin tone, and as long as they're not too frilly, can really stand out (in a good way) in a crowd. And aren't princesses supposed to be the center of attention?

 3. I'm really klutzy.
 I'm that person that tripped at high school and college graduation and ripped my tassel off both times. My mother has also forbidden me from wearing heels in the fear that I might break an ankle. And if we all look back to Mulan, she was a klutz, and that oftentimes got her in trouble (like with that matchmaker). However, she also saved China and got a really cute guy. Thus, my klutziness makes me endearing and enables me to save countries.

 4. I can dance. No, really.
 I did take several years of ballet/jazz/you-name-it and fell into tango when I was living in Argentina. Despite the aforementioned klutziness, I can still lindy-hop, west coast swing, and put on a good ballroom. I would be in fact, very qualified, to perform the dramatic dance at the end of Beauty and the Beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment