1. Häagen-Dazs Raspberry Sorbet
2. Ridiculously bright colors, in everything from shirts to drinks to nail polish.
3. Early morning long runs. You get to enjoy a little sun minus the searing heat and you feel so good when you're done.
4. Trying out new white wines in the early evening. This moscatel seco from Spain is my new favorite.
5. Fun trips to places like this and this.
6. An excuse to wear holey, ripped-up denim cutoffs that are the most comfortable thing in your closet.
7. Reading. A ton. Right now I'm on Lives Like Loaded Guns, about the family turmoil surrounding Emily Dickinson.
8. Really bad music to drive to with the windows down as you sing loudly.
9. Air conditioning. I would die in the NM heat without it.
10. Watching New Mexico sunsets with my wonderful boyfriend. You can argue all you want, I think they're the most beautiful in the world.
|See what I mean?|