Friday, May 25, 2012

recipes: fried eggs galore.

I happen to be kind of a lazy chef when I'm cooking for just myself. I also happen to love fried eggs, particularly when cooked in olive oil. Luckily for me, these two phenomena go hand-in-hand. This past weekend, alone at my parents' house while they were bringing my brother home from college, I had fried eggs for almost every meal. This gave me an opportunity to experiment with all of the different ways to eat aforementioned olive oil fried eggs:

1. Fried egg on bagel with salsa, spinach, and arugula.
2. Fried egg and adzuki bean burger on bagel with dijon mustard, spinach, and arugula.
3. Fried egg over brown rice with marinara, spinach, and cracked black pepper.
4. Fried egg on English muffin with avocado, tomato, and cilantro.

Fried egg on an English muffin with cilantro, avocado, and tomato

Version 3 was by far my favorite, although they all turned out quite good, considering I was pretty much winging it in the kitchen and throwing together truly random ingredients. It really was such a fun way to spend the weekend trying to figure out all of the ways to eat a fried egg, although I went for a couple of days sans eggs after the weekend was over...

Happy Memorial Day weekend! May it be filled with barbecues, friends, and maybe some fried eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment