Wednesday, March 14, 2012

it's so nice to be back (running) in lewiston.

For my spring break, I'm up visiting my boyfriend at college in the smallish city where I lived for four years, give or take. I actually came to adore Lewiston, with all of its little quirks, although it could really use real Mexican food and a Starbucks closer to campus. And for the most part, I'm actually happy living at home, although I have found this week that Lewiston has a couple of perks, mainly when it comes to running.

The trails by my house are beautiful but have plenty of dangers, and I haven't had to deal with any of those here. Namely, bobcats, rattlesnakes, mountain lions, stray dogs, and crazy mountain bikers. Running in Lewiston I didn't find any of these (obviously)! It was only after I moved back home that these things became very bothersome because I have had to try to avoid one danger or another on my runs. Maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but it sure is nice to run without fearing your life on account of a large standard poodle...

No comments:

Post a Comment